Let's Stop this MessAPolitico!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Who Can Stop Racism in America?

How will we ever stop racism in America?  I don't think it is humanly possible.  Today, there seems to be more racism against Caucasians than African-Americans.  I live in a suburb of Cincinnati, and I have lived in three other large metropolitan areas, along with some small towns.  While my neighborhoods have always been predominantly white and some have been in the deep south, I firmly believe that an African-American could have walked down my street without any reprisal.  On the other hand, could I safely walk down the street of any predominantly African-American area in the major cities of our country?

Our country has recently been in an upheaval over the Trevon Martin killing.  As I watch the news each evening, there are shootings almost every night in Cincinnati.  Virtually all of them occur in the inner city neighborhoods.  Generally, the shootings involve African-American shooters and victims.  None of this gets much more than a brief mention on the news.

Maybe African-Americans are afraid of white people and the police.  It is certainly possible that they run from the police out of fear.  However, there are a lot of white people that are afraid to get out of their cars in an African-American neighborhood.  They drive through with the windows up and the doors locked.  All we hear about is the violence in these areas.  That creates anger amongst African-American youth.  They, in turn, do things to intimidate white people, and the result is a cycle of mistrust, fear, and racism.

How will this ever be stopped?  How can it be stopped?  Can the MessAPolitico pass laws that force it to stop?  I say no.  The laws can make certain actions unlawful, but fear, mistrust, and hatred won't be changed.  In fact, laws trying to force the actions of racists on either side tend to make them more defiant.

I believe that racism can only be stopped by God.  God has the power to change hearts and change people.  If we all want the racial divide in America to be brought together, then please pray for the change.  If enough of us pray for the end to racism, it will end.  I believe this with all my heart.  Please join me in this prayer for an end to the war between the races in America.  Only then will this truly be one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment