Let's Stop this MessAPolitico!

Monday, September 30, 2013

Is the Congressional Leadership Really Looking Down Their Noses at Us?

The Congressional leadership on both sides of the aisle have displayed extreme arrogance lately.  They are acting like we are too stupid to see what is going on.  They figure they can decide how the members of their respective parties will vote, and the American people won't even notice the difference.  They think we are unable to comprehend what is good or bad for us.  It is my belief that too many of them don't really even care what is good or bad for their constituents.  They only care how they can work together with the press to spin everything to get re-elected.  This infuriates me, and I'm not alone.

The press is not supposed to be in cahoots with politicians.  The press should be watching every move the politicians make.  They should be looking for a scoop.  A scoop is big news, and it makes them money when they get it first.  It should raise their standing in the eyes of their readers or viewers, regardless of which politician or political party is incriminated by their story.  Today, our media has a political agenda.  They aren't watching out for the American people anymore;  the press is very simply watching out for politicians they support.  Fortunately, there are quite a few Americans that can see through the ruse.  The rest are subject to the misinformation coming out of most of the media outlets that are viewed by the largest audiences.

I just wrote an email to my Senator explaining that I am watching his votes on defunding Obamacare.  If he doesn't vote to defund this health care MessAPolitico at every opportunity, I WILL NOT EVER VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN.  I told him that I will vote for his Tea Party challenger in the primary, unless he gives me a reason to vote for him.  If I can't see a difference between the Republican and the Democrat, especially on a very, very important issue like health care, why bother voting at all?  Please tell your elected politicians what they need to do to earn your vote.  I don't care which party of which they are a member.  They are elected to do the job of representing their constituents.

No comments:

Post a Comment