Let's Stop this MessAPolitico!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Coexist Already

I was getting onto the expressway this morning on the way to work.  The car on the ramp in front of me had one of those "Coexist" bumper stickers on it.  Who started those bumper stickers?  Where do you get them?  I don't want one.  In fact, it would be better if I never saw another one.

Why do they make me mad?  Yes, they do tick me off every time I see one.  I guess there are multiple reasons why that silly bumper sticker affects me negatively.  For starters, it is my impression that anyone that owns a car that says "Coexist" on the back is a "mamby pamby" liberal.  "Can't we just all get along?"  Don't these people consider the United States the bad guys of the world?  "If we would just disband our military and dismantle all of the nuclear warheads, the world would be a better and safer place."  It's the Obama doctrine of foreign policy.  "Just be nice to everybody, and they will be nice to us."  Hey Barack, how's that working out for you?  You were nice to Putin, but now he's taking advantage of your weakness to start reassembling the old Soviet Union.

I wonder how many "Coexist" stickers are on cars in the middle east.  I know there are Islamic and Jewish symbols used to form the word on the sticker, but how many of them are actually displayed by the Islamic people.  Would they be seen with a Star of David on the back of their automobile?  Would they be willing to "Coexist" with their neighbors in Israel?  Does the MessAPolitico realize that some of our "neighbors" in the world don't really want to "Coexist" with us or anyone else?

Some of you might read this and think that I don't want to coexist with other countries in the world.  You would be wrong.  I want to coexist peacefully and even in a friendly manner with my neighbors on the street where I live.  I would also prefer for the USA and its leaders to get along with all of the countries in the world.  I don't want war.  I wish we could quit wasting money on national defense.  It would be great if imperialistic leaders stopped invading their neighbors and oppressing the people.

Wouldn't it be great if we didn't need police?  Do you think that crime would end in Detroit if the police department was shut down there?  No crimes would be reported if the police had no telephone number because they didn't exist.  I guess no one would get arrested either.  The MessAPolitico could then go on television and tell everyone that eliminating the police had reduced the crime rate in Detroit to zero.  It would suddenly become America's safest city.  Then, the police departments could be shut down everywhere.  Do you think that would make America the safest country in the world?  Shutting down the military and our defense technologies work just as well as shutting down the police departments.

The next time I see a "Coexist" sticker, I won't use any obscene gestures.  I will go about my business and allow that other person to do the same.  I will also think about how it is a waste to display this "advertisement" in the USA where we already try our best to coexist peacefully.  I will also remember that the places where people really do need to be reminded to coexist would ignore that sticker at best or get a bad case of road rage at worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment