Let's Stop this MessAPolitico!

Friday, November 29, 2013

Which Should I Buy, Health Insurance or a New Car?

I have a 2005 Honda Accord with 160,000 miles.  Fortunately, Honda makes a pretty good car, and mine still runs well.  However, I'm ready to trade it in and get a new one.  In fact, I would make that big purchase this weekend, but something is stopping me.  What is it?  Obamacare.

I can't afford a new car payment with my health insurance premiums going up by $550/month next year.  I know you liberals are going to say that I'm a greedy conservative.  I should just buy a used car so the poor can have free health care and free health insurance.  Wow!  I am a terrible person for even thinking of buying a new car.

Of course, the price of used cars is up significantly thanks to government intervention in the auto market.  Do you remember "Cash for Clunkers?"  That little tax incentive was intended to get older, greenhouse gas spewing cars off the streets and into the junkyard car crusher.  That reduced the supply of used cars.  The terrible economy also reduced the availability of low mileage used cars, because people were keeping their cars longer and longer.  They just couldn't afford to buy new cars.  Now, if you try to buy a used car with less than 60,000 miles, it can cost as much as 75% of the cost of a new one.  To me the new car with a warranty and three to five more years of life is a much better deal.  Am I supposed to accept the poorer deal because I can't afford the new car?

By the way, is it good to "punish" me for having a job and the ability to pay for my own food, housing, and health care?  Is it good to punish me by making it difficult to buy a new car?  Why don't you ask an auto worker?  Whether we are talking about workers in an assembly plant, an engine plant, a component manufacturing plant, or a new car dealership, they won't be helped by punishing me this way.  It can be an American brand or a foreign brand, but the result for the workers is the same.  I'll bet they won't be happy that I spend my money on health care for the family instead of the new car.

Liberals are in the business of creating the MessAPolitico.  They certainly need folks to have the opinion that anyone that can afford to live without government assistance got that way by "stealing" from the poor.  We need to have compassion for the folks that have been made poor by the MessAPolitico.

No comments:

Post a Comment